CDC-ELITE Laboratory Services
HGS Analytical, a subsidiary of HGS Engineering, Inc., holds both CDC-ELITE and NELAP certifications. As the only certified laboratory in the state of Alabama, our analytical laboratory assists hospitals, nursing homes, dental clinics, industrial and overnight facilities with their water hygiene. We currently hold multiple contracts pertaining to Legionella, Heterotrophic Plate Count (HPC), Total Coliform, and Drinking Water Quality. We service both federal and commercial clients. HGS Engineering and its Analytical Laboratory are responsible for testing and processing over a thousand samples a month.
Setting us apart from the other laboratories, our laboratory goes beyond offering just analytical interpretation and also provides onsite assistance with sampling and water management. With a team of experts on staff, our services include:
- Conducting Risk Assessments
- Preparing Water Management Plans
- Legionella Sampling and Analysis
- Total Coliform Sampling and Analysis
- Dental Unit Waterline Sampling and Analysis
- Routine Cooling Tower Monitoring
- Providing compliance with the CMS mandate “Requirement to Reduce Legionella Risk in Healthcare Facility Water Systems to Prevent Cases and Outbreaks of Legionnaires’ Disease”
- Assisting with Compliance Requirements for “ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 188-2018, Legionellosis: Risk Management for Building Water Systems
For more information about our analytical laboratory, please visit www.hgslab.com.